- 2 c. vanilla Rice Dream (frozen dessert)
- 2/3 c. rehydrated apples *see note below*
- 1/4 c. fresh raw pecans
- 1/8 t. cinnamon powder
- 2 c. water
- Re-hydrate dried apples.
- Grind nuts to a fine meal, using electric seed grinder.
- Combine softened apples, nuts, spice, Rice Dream and water in your blender.
- Puree until smooth & creamy.
* Re-hydrate fruit as follows:
- Fill a pint-sized jar with about one cup of dried fruit (or whatever is specified by recipe).
- Fill the jar with water or juice.
- Let sit overnight.
Cover dried fruit with near-boiling water in a mixing bowl and increase the amount an inch or two.
Wait 15 minutes for fruit to soften.
The above was reprinted with permission from the book "Super Smoothies" by Candia Lea Cole, ?1993, published by Woodbridge Press, P.O.Box 209, Santa Barbara, CA 93102. (800-237-6053)
Info or Order this book here.