Sigmund Freud, the Austrian founder of psychoanalysis, said that unless the personality has love, it sickens and dies. Love includes understanding, good will, and respect for the divinity in the other person. The more love and good will you emanate and exude, the more comes back to you.
If you puncture the other fellow's ego and wound his estimate of himself, you cannot gain his good will. Recognize that every man wants to be loved and appreciated, and made to feel important in the world. As you do this consciously and knowingly, you build the other person up, and he returns your love and good will.
The harmony of the part is the harmony of the whole, for the whole is in the part, and the part is in the whole. All you owe the other is love, and love is the fulfilling of the law of health, happiness, and peace of mind.
Profitable Pointers in Human Relations
1. Your subconscious mind is a recording machine which reproduces your habitual thinking. Think good of the other, and you are actually thinking good about yourself.
2. A hateful or resentful thought is a mental poison. Do not think ill of another for to do so is to think ill of yourself. You are the only thinker in your universe, and your thoughts are creative.
3. Your mind is a creative medium; therefore, what you think and feel about the other, you are bringing to pass in your own experience. This is the psychological meaning of the Golden Rule. As you would that man should think about you, think you about them in the same manner.
4. To cheat, rob, or defraud another brings lack, loss, and limitation to yourself. Your subconscious mind records your inner motivations, thoughts, and feelings. These being of a negative nature, loss, limitation, and trouble come to you in countless ways. Actually, what you do to the other, you are doing to yourself.
5. The good you do, the kindness proffered, the love and good will you send forth, will all come back to you multiplied in many ways.
6. You are the only thinker in your world. You are responsible for the way you think about the other. Remember, the other person is not responsible for the way you think about him. Your thoughts are reproduced. What are you thinking now about the other fellow?
7. Become emotionally mature and permit other people to differ from you. They have a perfect right to disagree with you, and you have the same freedom to disagree with them. You can disagree without being disagreeable.
8. Animals pick up your fear vibrations and snap at you. If you love animals, they will never attack you. Many undisciplined human beings are just as sensitive as dogs, cats, and other animals.
9. Your inner speech, representing your silent thoughts and feelings, is experienced in the reactions of others toward you.
10. Wish for the other what you wish for yourself. This is the key to harmonious human relations.
11. Change your concept and estimate of your employer. Feel and know he is practicing the Golden Rule and the Law of Love, and he will respond accordingly.
12. The other person cannot annoy you or irritate you except you permit him. Your thought is creative; you can bless him. If someone calls you a skunk, you have the freedom to say to the other, "God's peace fills your soul."
13. Love is the answer to getting along with others. Love is understanding, good will, and respecting the divinity of the other.
14. You would not hate a hunchback or cripple. You would have compassion. Have compassion and understanding for mental hunchbacks who have been conditioned negatively. To understand all is to forgive all.
15. Rejoice in the success, promotion, and good fortune of the other. In doing so, you attract good fortune to yourself.
16. Never yield to emotional scenes and tantrums of others. Appeasement never wins. Do not be a doormat.
17. Adhere to that which is right. Stick to your ideal, knowing that the mental outlook which gives you peace, happiness, and joy is right, good, and true. What blesses you, blesses all.
18. All you owe any person in the world is love, and love is wishing for everyone what you wish for yourself — health, happiness, and all the blessings of life.
Reprinted with permission of the publisher,
Jeremy P. Tarcher/Penguin, a member of Penguin Group (USA).
©2011. All rights reversed. www.us.PenguinGroup.com
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind (Deluxe Edition)
by Joseph Murphy.
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, one of the most brilliant and beloved spiritual self-help works of all time, teaches how to dramatically alter your life by changing your thoughts. Selling millions in various editions since its original publication in 1963, this life-changing classic is now available in a handsome and durable keepsake volume, to be cherished for decades.
About the Author
Joseph Murphy, Ph.D., D.D. (1898-1981), was a pioneer of the human potential movement. His book “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind” has sold over ten million copies and been translated into twenty-six languages. It is a timeless plain language revelation of the powers of the “law of attraction.”. His pamphlet How to Attract Money first appeared in 1955, and likewise entered many editions. Visit the Dr. Joseph Murphy Trust website at: http://www.dr-joseph-murphy.com